Registered Nurse - Vascular
NHS AfC: Band 5
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Long days and nights)
- University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire
- £24,907 - £30,615 pro rata per annum
- 18/08/2021 23:59
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our skilled employees across our hospital sites in Coventry and Rugby, with high quality patient care positioned at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a national and international leader in healthcare.
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
There has never been a better time to join our team.
Are you an experienced nurse looking for a change in career direction, newly qualified or about to qualify? If you are and are interested in developing skills and experience in Vascular Speciality then we would love to hear from you. We are the vascular Hub for Coventry and Warwickshire and if you join us you will have the opportunity to develop skills and experience in:
• Caring for Patient following Complex Aneurysms repairs
• Caring for patient following Femoral-Popliteal bypass graft and Aorto-Bifemoral bypass graft
• Caring for patients following angioplasty, embolectomy, carotid endarterectomy, amputation and many other acute and chronic conditions.
• Caring for patients with diabetes and diabetic foot wounds working with the diabetic MDT to try to prevent amputations
We are a 12 bedded ward caring for men and women with a variety of vascular conditions. We are a friendly team and are here to help you learn and develop new skills. There are many learning opportunities available including wound management, pain management, diabetes management, health promotion, patient education, complex discharge planning, sepsis treatment, dementia and delirium programme. Experience in vascular nursing is highly rewarding and provides you with plenty of scope to develop further specialist skills and roles.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rosie Owen
- Job title
- Ward Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information